Home Page

Pastoral Support

Welcome to St. Peters' Pastoral Page.


Here you will find useful information to support you and your family's emotional wellbeing. Our school aims to provide the highest quality pastoral care throughout the school.  If you feel that your child would benefit from additional support with their emotional health and wellbeing, please contact Mrs Royle (Pastoral Lead) or speak with your child's class teacher.  We can also assist you with seeking support from external agencies such as Early Help, Children's Services, housing, food banks, parenting classes etc.  


Take a look at our weekly Swinton Neighbourhood News. It is filled with useful information regarding neighbourhood policing, Skills City enrolment, youth wellbeing, young carers, supporting your community and much more.

Take a look at our online Solihull parenting courses. All courses are free if you are a Salford resident and range from 0-19 years old. They are full of great advice and inspiration for parents, grandparents and carers.

Useful links:

The children's mental health charity, Place2Be, has launched a new website aimed at helping parents with typical situations they can find themselves in with their children.

Advice can be found on over forty topics including:

  • Understanding sibling rivalry 
  • My child is lying, what does it mean, what should I do?
  • My child has trouble going to sleep
  • My child says ‘I hate you!’
  • Cultural identity: who am I?

The Parenting Smart website can found here:

Life can sometimes throw the unexpected at you.  Did you know that Salford City Council offer short term support in a crisis or emergency?  If you find yourself in a situation where you need the basic essentials such as emergency baby milk, gas or electric (if there is no heating in the household) or essential furniture, contact Salford Assist.

Over the winter months, Salford households will be able to access the Household Support Fund.  If you need  assistance paying for food, utility bills or keeping your house warm in the winter months, apply for the household Support Fund via the web address below.  You do not need to be in receipt of benefits to apply.  



Salford Welfare Rights and Debt Advice Service can help you claim for benefits, appeal decisions you don't agree with and help anyone struggling with debt.  Get free confidential and independent advice on your benefits or debt problems using this web address:


Year 6 parents. Take a look at this opportunity for your children.  

The Deans Youth Centre are opening up the year 6 group to new young people. The group is at Deans youth centre every Wed 6.30-8.30pm and youth workers provide a range of fun activities and will explore transition to high school nearer the time. They will also have access to a bike maintenance course from March. The cost is £1.


All we ask is that parents fill in the linked form prior to coming so we have an idea of numbers and have all the relevant information.